One of the things I like about Open Studio Weekend is it gives me a chance to stop and take stock of all the new things I've been working on since the beginning of the year. I always worry that I won't have enough, but as I sift through the layers on my tables, it becomes clear that I've been working on lots of small drawings and watercolors and they sure do stack up quick!
I also took on a few pet portrait commissions starting around the winter holidays, and hope to add that as a purchase option to the website soon. The best part is hearing about the pet owner's reaction (so far everyone has been very moved, in a positive way), which adds a special layer of meaning to what I do. Samples of the portraits I've done so far will be on view, and I'm happy to talk about your commission idea.
For Open Studio weekend this year, my friend and fellow Underhill-ian Christine Wichert will join me, check out her Instagram link below to see some of the wonderful fun things that she is bringing! You may also catch sight of my husband Rick with his pen & ink drawings.
Our whole area is chock-full of artists and studios, so get ready to tour! Yellow signage will guide you in addition to the maps.
- Join us from 10am - 5pm Saturday May 26th & Sunday May 27th!
- Where: 52 Maple Ridge Road, Underhill, VT 05489
- Who: Kristin Richland, Christine Wichert,
- Maps available at the Gruppe Gallery in Jericho Center
- Online maps (PDF, etc) available via Vermont Crafts Council (I'm site 16 in Chittenden County) Look for yellow Open Studio signage throughout the state.